Parties up to 60 are welcome
Parties up to 60 are welcome
For up to 60 persons
Our pizza has been a part of New Albany and enjoyed for over 50 years. As the business grew it became apparent that a dining room would be needed to accommodate the already well known foods. In September 1972, we purchased the present location on which we have continued the business until the present time.
In 1847 the present site located on the corner of Main Street and High Street was first purchased by John McCurdy from Noble Landon who platted the then fledgling town ten years earlier. John purchased the site for the purpose of opening a country store which he and his nephew continued to operate until 1905. The current brick structure was constructed around 1856 and today the original hand formed walls and elegant tin ceiling can still be admired throughout the dining area. The country store changed hands many times but continued in business until the 1970’s.
The current site over the years has also housed the post office and New Albany’s early Fire Station. In the 1920’s a soda stand was featured to the delight of the local school children.
In 1993 when it became apparent that more space was needed, we decided to do a complete renovation. Our main priority was to retain as much of the building’s character as possible and also add on much needed space.
The brick sculpture created by Allen Morgan, of Hanover Brick Co., titled “A Bridge To The Past” is how we percieve our country store building and it’s decor. Many of the artifacts we share were used by Plain Township residents. From the oxen yoke that our forefathers used when settling in Plain Township in 1830 to the original butcher block utilized here in the country store. All of the photos are of local residents and the early years of Plain Township. When visiting our store feel free to enjoy “A Bridge To The Past“.
In 1971 the Keesee family of New Albany entered the pizza business by obtaining Eagle’s Pizza in New Albany, Ohio. Eagle’s was founded by the Marna Seum family who named it New Albany Pizza in the early 1960s. The Eagle’s name originated with second owner Bob Dickendasher who named it after the New Albany High School mascot. Two years later in 1973 when we opened our second store in Johnstown, Ohio we copied the mascot idea naming our new venture The Johnnie’s Villa Pizza, and at the same time added Villa to our Eagle’s name. Villa entered the picture because our new location at 105 West Coshocton Street was in an old house we had remodeled for the venture. It wasn’t long before we realized not all of our new customers or employees were Johnnies. The area was surrounded by Northridge Vikings and Villa Pizza soon became the recognized name in the area. We then tried to start calling Eagle’s Villa also but the name did not stick and here we are 50 years later with the two sister stores not identified together by many.